A fast tiny switchblade
Should not be carried in pocket
It comes with a pocket/belt clip that you can easily remove if you wish.
- The Joker is one of the most solid and reliable among the small automatic knives kind and as small as it is, it's a switchblade knife, nevertheless.
- A coiled spring fires its blade out in a blink of an eye, simply by pushing a small button located on its handle.
- You'll be glad to have it when you'll need a pocket knife that can be easily open even with heavily gloved hands or long, just done nails.
- The Joker's construction is a solid all-steel one, the kind that lasts forever.
You will enjoy the simplicity and effectiveness of your Little Duck small automatic knife. It has a certain style to it.
Things that one should look for in a small switchblade:
The main advantage of a small switchblade resides in its easy and fast deployment; therefore, one should look for:
The Bottom Line: Being a switchblade does not a make a small one something that will deter a foe. It's just a very handy pocket/purse knife, with a major advantage of firing out its blade with a simple push of a button.
- A firing button that is easy to locate and press upon.
- An easy access to the safety-lock and easy activation and deactivation of.
- A blade that is firmly locked in place, once deployed (no wobbling).
- Look for a 440C steel grade, at least . Some manufacturers exploit the attraction of the small switchblade mechanism to sell poor-quality-steel blade.
- A small switchblade can be a real pain if one can’t hold it comfortably. Look for a handle with some ergonomic layout in it.
Who uses a small switchblade the most?
The vast majority of small switchblade knife users, happens to be composed of: senior citizens (arthritis), women (long nails) and residents of cold areas (gloves).
A small switchblade cannot be considered, obviously, as a tactical automatic knife;
its blade is not long enough to cause a desirable effect in combat
situation. Nevertheless, most of USA states require a permit to carry
small automatic knives disregarding the fact that they are just small pocket knives with a spring that fires the blade.
How small is a small switchblade automatic knife?
We classify any automatic knife a.k.a switchblade knife or any folding knife, for that matter, that is shorter than 7” length (fully deployed) to be a small switchblade automatic knife. Our mid-size automatic knives are between 7”-7.9”. We consider any switchblade knife or any folding knife ,for that matter, of 8” length and over as being a large one.