The PRICKLE 2Have the speed of of a switchblade with one of casual, practical automatic opening knives, that will be with you and serve your cutting needs, faithfully.
The bottom line: it is a really handy, pleasant and practical everyday companion.
- The PRICKLE series of automatic opening knife, is one of the fastest. Its blade pops out smoothly and in a blink of an eye.
- The overall finish quality is very good and so is this knife functionality.
- The main thing about this series of automatic opening knife it that they are well proportioned, very pleasant to hold and to operate.
Things that one should look for in automatic opening knife:
The main advantage of automatic opening knife resides in its easy and fast deployment; therefore, one should look for:
The Bottom Line: Being a switchblade does not a make a small one something that will deter a foe. It's just a very handy pocket/purse knife, with a major advantage of firing out its blade with a simple push of a button.
- A firing button that is easy to locate and press upon.
- An easy access to the safety-lock and easy activation and deactivation of.
- A blade that is firmly locked in place, once deployed (no wobbling).
- Look for a 440C steel grade, at least . Some manufacturers exploit the attraction of automatic opening knife mechanism to sell poor-steel. An automatic opening knife can be a real pain if one can’t hold it comfortably. Look for a handle with some ergonomic layout in it.
Who uses a small switchblade the most?
The vast majority of small switchblade knife users, happens to be composed of: senior citizens (arthritis), women (long nails) and residents of cold areas (gloves).
A small auto knife cannot be considered, obviously, as a tactical automatic knife;
its blade is not long enough to cause a desirable effect in combat
situation. Nevertheless, most of USA states require a permit to carry
these small automatic knives disregarding the fact that they are just small pocket knives with a spring that fires the blade.
How small is a small switchblade automatic knife?
We classify any automatic knife a.k.a switchblade knife or any folding knife, for that matter, that is shorter than 7” length (fully deployed) to be a small switchblade automatic knife. Our mid-size automatic knives are between 7”-7.9”. We consider any switchblade knife or any folding knife ,for that matter, of 8” length and over as being a large one.