Prestigious American Icon
A Smith & Wesson Automatic Knife
Have the fundamental tactical ability of a switchblade automatic knife; provided by an icon of American weapons manufacturers.
The Special Tactical series is all about simplicity, speed and ruggedness.
bottom line: a very good, reliable and practical companion for
professionals agents and those that defend us from the bad guys whoever
and wherever they might be.
- The firing system operates smoothly and fast featuring a preominant firing button that easy to 'feel' without looking for,
- The manufacturer relies on users proficiency with automatic knives; that's why this Special Tactical comes without a safety lock.
comfortable ergonomically designed handle, along with its shape also makes this automatic knife, a very
comfortable cutting and slicing device for regular field chores.
- A solid, well-affixed (removable) clip makes it easy to carry.
Buying a mid-size switchblade automatic knife, things to consider.
mid-sized automatic knives are, in our experience the most versatile in
all available sizes. They combine the deterrent ability of a automatic
knife along with the practical requirements of classics single-bladed
pocket/folding knife, and therefore, one should consider the following
when thinking about acquiring one:
The Bottom Line: a mid-size automatic knife
is something that you might want to carry with you all the time;
expecting it to function smoothly and keep its edge for a reasonable
amount of work done. Think a lot of usage, tasks and practicality,
before you think tactical, fighting and such.
- Consider weight. There is a good correlation between the construction-quality of a switchblade automatic knife
and its weight. Cheap mid-size switchblades are usually light, around 4
ounces. The quality mid-size switchblades go with 6oz and more; they
will last you for life but are not really pocket-friendly. One solution
would be to buy a mid-size switchblade automatic knife with an
aluminum-handle from a well-reputed source.
- A mid-size automatic knife
of 6oz and more should have a clip. Pay close attention and check the
type of clip it has. Some come with a strong clip integrated into its
handle’s design, resulting in a completely different layout of that
handle sides; in other words, the handle sides are not made the same.
- 440C steel is a must. A mid-size automatic knife is meant to perform all pocketknives functions; deterrence being only a small part of them.