A sober small automatic pocket knife
Should not be carried in pocket
Have the speed and convenience of automatic knives that you can carry legally in California, where switchblades with blade not exceeding 2" are allowed.
- The ZENO is one of the most solid and reliable among the small automatic knives kind and as small as it is, it's a switchblade knife, nevertheless.
- A coiled spring fires its blade out in a blink of an eye, simply by pushing a small button located on its handle.
- You'll be glad to have it when you'll need a pocket knife that can be easily open even with heavily gloved hands or long, just done nails.
The ZENO's construction is a solid all-steel one, the kind that lasts forever.
It comes with a pocket/belt clip.
You will enjoy the simplicity and effectiveness of your CUTIE small automatic knife. It has a certain style to it.
Things that one should look for in a small switchblade:
The main advantage of a small switchblade resides in its easy and fast deployment; therefore, one should look for:
The Bottom Line: Being a switchblade does not a make a small one something that will deter a foe. It's just a very handy pocket/purse knife, with a major advantage of firing out its blade with a simple push of a button.
- A firing button that is easy to locate and press upon.
- An easy access to the safety-lock and easy activation and deactivation of.
- A blade that is firmly locked in place, once deployed (no wobbling).
- Look for a 440C steel grade, at least . Some manufacturers exploit the attraction of the small switchblade mechanism to sell poor-quality-steel blade.
- A small switchblade can be a real pain if one can’t hold it comfortably. Look for a handle with some ergonomic layout in it.
Who uses a small switchblade the most?
The vast majority of small switchblade knife users, happens to be composed of: senior citizens (arthritis), women (long nails) and residents of cold areas (gloves).
A small switchblade cannot be considered, obviously, as a tactical automatic knife; its blade is not long enough to cause a desirable effect in combat situation. Nevertheless, most of USA states require a permit to carry these small automatic knives disregarding the fact that they are just small pocket knives with a spring that fires the blade.
How small is a small switchblade automatic knife?
We classify any automatic knife a.k.a switchblade knife or any folding knife, for that matter, that is shorter than 7” length (fully deployed) to be a small switchblade automatic knife. Our mid-size automatic knives are between 7”-7.9”. We consider any switchblade knife or any folding knife ,for that matter, of 8” length and over as being a large one.