Nebraska - Crimes and Punishments. 28-1201. Terms, defined...
(4) Knife shall mean any dagger, dirk, knife, or stiletto
with a blade over 3-1/2 inches in length or any other
dangerous instrument capable of inflicting cutting,
stabbing, or tearing wounds...
- 28-1202. (1) ...any person who carries a weapon or weapons
concealed on or about his person such as a... bowie knife,
dirk or knife with a dirk blade attachment... or any other
deadly weapon commits the offense of carrying a concealed
(2) It shall be an affirmative defense that the defendant
was engaged in any lawful business, calling, or employment
at the time he or she was carrying any weapon or weapons
and the circumstances in which such person was placed at
the time were such as to justify a prudent person in
carrying the weapon or weapons for the defense of his or
her person, property, or family.
Nebraska Case Law:
- "Whether an object or weapon not specifically enumerated in
subsection (1) of this section was a deadly weapon is a
question of fact to be decided by the trier of fact."
- "Section 28-1202(1)... is sufficiently definite to meet the
requirements of the first and fifth amendments to the U.S.
Constitution and Art. I, section 3, of the Nebraska