(Your shopping cart is empty)
|It is legal, as far as we could find out, to carry
automatic knives in Texas provided that they do not come with a double
edge blade and that that blade is no longer than 5.5in.
The law was amended sometimes in 2013.
Be aware that we could not find the actual law, The above comes from
what were told and checked online the best we could.
We will be much obliged if anyone of you can point us to the actual
Knives at menseffects.com
Texas - Health, Safety & Morals - 46.02. Unlawful carrying
weapons. (a) A person commits an offense if intentionally,
knowingly , or recklessly carries on or about his person a
handgun, illegal knife, or club. [Exceptions: official;
actor was own premises; was traveling; engaged in lawful
hunting, fishing, or other sporting activity; security
- 46.01. Definitions. (1) "Club"... includes... (D)
(6) "Illegal knife" means a:
(A) knife with a blade over five and one-half inches;
(B) hand instrument designed to cut or stab another by
(C) dagger, including but not limited to a dirk, stiletto,
(D) sword; or
(7) "Knife" means any bladed hand instrument that is capable
of inflicting serious bodily injury or death by cutting or
stabbing a person with the instrument.
- 46.03. Places weapons prohibited.
(a) A person commits an offense if, with a firearm, illegal
knife, club, or prohibited weapon [includes switchblade
knives], he intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly goes:
(1) on the physical premises of a school [or school bus];
(2) on the premises of a polling place...
[(3) a court; (4) a racetrack; (5) secured area of an
- 46.05. Prohibited Weapons. (a) A person commits and offense
if he intentionally or knowingly possesses, manufactures,
transports, repairs, or sells... (5) a switchblade
knife... (d) It is an affirmative defense to prosecution
under this section that the actor's conduct: (1) was
incidental to dealing with a switchblade knife,
springblade knife, or short-barrel firearm solely as an
antique or curio...
- 46.06. Unlawful transfer of certain weapons.
(a) A person commits an offense if he... (2)... sells...
gives... offers... to any child younger than 18 years any
firearm, or illegal knife [except with written parental
Texas Case Law:
- "A teacher could not carry weapons in his school room..."
- Broken switchblade knife was still a "switchblade knife"
within this section... (1986)
- "Defendant's contention that he took knife to school to
fight demons that plagued him did not defeat requisite
state of mind for conviction..." (1993)