Also click here to see all our OTF automatic knives --or-- click here to see all our automatic knives
The Daddy of mid-prices range of
The Lightning China 6
Get yourself one of the most known and used of all Front knives, that will send a message when one is needed to be sent.
Bottom line: that's the most common and known among front knives of fair material quality and construction.
The LIGHTNING features a non-serrated, drop-point blade with a good slashing and penetration ability.
- Lightning Stamped on Blade
It has a fully automatic, self arming mechanism, a pop-in/pop-out system.
It does not look like a knife at all when folded and certainly not as a
front knife. It looks like a simple rectangular block.
Things that one should consider regarding any Front knives:
Let’s cut to the chase; deterrence and tactical ability are the sole purpose of any Front knives (Out The Front knife). One does not buy such a knife to slice and dice in the kitchen, nor does one purchase an out-of- front opening knife to be used as a regular-all-purpose pocket knife. Therefore, when thinking about walking around with that thing, one should consider the following:
The Bottom Line: Think responsibility and close tactical emergency when purchasing an Out The Front OTF knife. Do not leave it lying around, it is not a letter opener, nor is it an appropriate device to cure one’s nails.
- All Front knives are dangerous to their users and others. Most of Front knives do not come with a safety device. A toddler will find a way to fire it open, it is just a question of time and opportunity. Do not buy one if you can’t keep it-hidden constantly.
- There are two main Front knives categories: the most common are armed automatically (pop-in pop-out) and a not so common; the armed manually. The first is very convenient; the latter is more powerful.
- The blade wobbles in most Front knives because of the very nature of that firing system. Smith & Wesson and Shrade came up with a patented lock, that prevents blade’s wobbling almost completely, all the rest wobble, whether a little or substantially; even the prestigious CONCORD wobbles a bit.
- The out of front is a delicate firing system; misuse the knife and chances are that it will fall apart.