Prestigious American Icon
A Smith & Wesson Automatic Knife
The H.R.T. 70B
Have the fundamental tactical ability of a switchblade automatic knife; provided by an icon of American weapons manufacturers.
The H.R.T. series is all about simplicity, speed and ruggedness.
The bottom line: a very good, reliable and practical companion for professionals agents and those that defend us from the bad guys whoever and wherever they might be.
- The firing system operates smoothly and fast featuring a preominant firing button that easy to 'feel' without looking for,
- The manufacturer relies on users proficiency with automatic knives; that's why this H.R.T. comes with a safety lock.
- The comfortable ergonomically designed handle, along with generally slightly curved shape also makes this automatic knife, a very comfortable cutting and slicing device for regular field chores.
- A solid, well-affixed clip makes it easy to carry.
Buying a mid-size switchblade automatic knife, things to consider.
The mid-sized automatic knives are, in our experience the most versatile in all available sizes. They combine the deterrent ability of a automatic knife along with the practical requirements of classics single-bladed pocket/folding knife, and therefore, one should consider the following when thinking about acquiring one:
The Bottom Line: a mid-size automatic knife is something that you might want to carry with you all the time; expecting it to function smoothly and keep its edge for a reasonable amount of work done. Think a lot of usage, tasks and practicality, before you think tactical, fighting and such.
- Consider weight. There is a good correlation between the construction-quality of a switchblade automatic knife and its weight. Cheap mid-size switchblades are usually light, around 4 ounces. The quality mid-size switchblades go with 6oz and more; they will last you for life but are not really pocket-friendly. One solution would be to buy a mid-size switchblade automatic knife with an aluminum-handle from a well-reputed source.
- A mid-size automatic knife of 6oz and more should have a clip. Pay close attention and check the type of clip it has. Some come with a strong clip integrated into its handle’s design, resulting in a completely different layout of that handle sides; in other words, the handle sides are not made the same.
- 440C steel is a must. A mid-size automatic knife is meant to perform all pocketknives functions; deterrence being only a small part of them.