Also click here to see all our OTF automatic knives --or-- click here to see all our automatic knives
The work horse
Have a very reliable out of front firing switchblade, that will serve you faithfully each and every time that you need to pop out its blade.
The UNDERCOVER is more sturdily built than most OTF knives.
The dagger shaped blade is well locked in place, once fired; the usual wobbling of OTF fired blade is reduced to minimum.
- Slimmer handle for a smaller hand.
The Bottom line: it's a good, forceful OTF switchblade, more solid than the average OTF
on the market.
Things that one should consider regarding any OTF switchblade:
Let’s cut to the chase; deterrence and tactical ability are the sole purpose of any Front knives (Out The Front knife). One does not buy such a knife to slice and dice in the kitchen, nor does one purchase an out-of- front opening knife to be used as a regular-all-purpose pocket knife. Therefore, when thinking about walking around with that thing, one should consider the following:
The Bottom Line: Think responsibility and close tactical emergency when purchasing an Out The Front OTF knife. Do not leave it lying around, it is not a letter opener, nor is it an appropriate device to cure one’s nails.
- All Front knives are dangerous to their users and others. Most of Front knives do not come with a safety device. A toddler will find a way to fire it open, it is just a question of time and opportunity. Do not buy one if you can’t keep it-hidden constantly.
- There are two main Front knives categories: the most common are armed automatically (pop-in pop-out) and a not so common; the armed manually. The first is very convenient; the latter is more powerful.
- The blade wobbles in most Front knives because of the very nature of that firing system. Smith & Wesson and Shrade came up with a patented lock, that prevents blade’s wobbling almost completely, all the rest wobble, whether a little or substantially; even the prestigious CONCORD wobbles a bit.
- The out of front is a delicate firing system; misuse the knife and chances are that it will fall apart.